Monday, March 2, 2009

Reunited

Irene came to Madrid to visit me this weekend. It was a really great time, and we are both so excited to have so much time together this summer (Dad you guessed right, luckily she isn't getting a job). She came Saturday morning and left on Sunday night and we did a lot of walking around Madrid. We got Indian food for lunch and basically had dessert for dinner because we were still so full.

We did a little shopping, but it was more like perusing because neither of us wanted to spend a lot of money. Nothing all too exciting really, we just had a lot to catch up on not seeing each other in two years. Her English is still excellent, and although we should have talked in Spanish we mostly spoke in English with eachother.

Reme LOVED Irene. It was so funny. She just kept going on and on after she left about what a nice girl she was (tan simpatica, maja, preciosa, guapa). I think it was a nice break for her to have someone Spanish to talk to outside of her family. I mean she could go on about the current state of things in Spain and political stuff and Irene was following along right with her as we watched the news.

Although the weekend was a lot of fun, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep and happened to have a midterm today in my Spanish Cinema class. I think I did okay on it, nothing spectacular but I'll get at least a B I think (and hope). This is midterm week so everyone's stressing out, mine are spread out over the next two weeks so it won't be so piled on. This weekend I have a trip with the school to Extremadura and Portugal which I'm looking forward to.

I hope everyone back home is doing alright with this snowstorm I'm hearing and reading about. I saw "A Foot of Snow is Predicted for New York City" on my NYTimes newsfeed and felt a lot better about being here. They cancelled school everywhere in NYC except NYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment